new user having issues doing anything

General ideas, features requests, comments, concerns, complaints about MTG Studio desktop application

Moderator: gaddlord

new user having issues doing anything

Postby camlost » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:44 am

~~~I just downloaded the trial to see how i like the software...and it won't let me search or add anything to my collection or decks. no matter what i type into the search box, it tells me it can't find it...then if i hit enter int eh search box, it adds whatever card is highlighted inteh car list window.

Pretty annoying that I can't get even a basic deck or collection figured out.

please point me in teh direction of getting moving forward with this software...it appears to have everythign i want built in...but if I can't figure it out soon, I'm just gonna give up on it.

Thanks in advance.
camlost
Apprentice

Postby Azul » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:05 am

Try something like this first. Set it to deck from pool.

Make sure you have a new deck created. Then click in the pool window and just starting typing the card you are looking for. Don't use the search box. When it gets to the card you are searching for just hit enter a few times or hit the + sign on your numpad.
Azul
Planeswalker
Planeswalker

Postby Weevil » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:20 pm

Don't use the search box - it doesn't work. As Azul mentioned, if you want to add cards to your collection, select File->Collection from Card Pool. The card pool will be listed at the top and your collection below. To add a card to your collection, make sure the top section is active and start typing the card name. Once the right card name and edition is correct, either hit enter or double-click on it.

If you want to add cards to a deck, either use Deck from Collection or Deck from Card Pool. Then go to File->New and create your deck name. You can then use the same steps for adding cards. Don't forget to Save when done...
Weevil
Wizard
Wizard

Return to General Discussions (MTG Studio)