New User Questions

General ideas, features requests, comments, concerns, complaints about MTG Studio desktop application

Moderator: gaddlord

New User Questions

Postby Laserdan » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:07 pm

Just found this software and I am seriously considering purchasing it. Here are my questions:

They are all related to the Collection (aka Inventory) features:
· Buy - define whether to buy and/or exchange this card
· Buy At - specify the price you are willing to pay for a card
· Sell - define whether you sell and/or exchange this card
· Sell At - define a price at which you sell this card
what are these fields for? Is there an alert when the price drops in your buy range, is there an alert for when it reaches your sell price.

I have a large collection and I am thinking of computerizing it, but I am not sure if it will be worth my time to input all of the cards. Are there default settings to set for this field?
· Print Type - is your card paper, digital or a printed proxy

I see where you can use the keyboard to hot key a lot of this, but what about defaults?

After I get all this into the DB, other than building decks, what is it good for? besides showing you the value of your collection?

Maybe I am missing something? Please clarify.

Thanks for your work
Daniel Steenwyk
Laserdan
Sorcerer
Sorcerer

Postby Azul » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:53 pm

I am pretty sure that those fields you list are for your own personal use. They don't interface with any online stores or anything.

As far as the fields go I used the 'field chooser' to hide them all. At this point I have no use for any of them so they aren't visible. I believe that everything defaults to empty. There may be a way to change that but I don't think there is.
Azul
Planeswalker
Planeswalker

Postby wlhy4763 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:56 pm

I just bought this program and I try to download it. My problem is the program won't fully download, only 5mg out of 17.8mb it downloads. Does anyone have any suggestions?
wlhy4763
Apprentice

Return to General Discussions (MTG Studio)