MTG Secrets By Joe Soh

General ideas, features requests, comments, concerns, complaints about MTG Studio desktop application

Moderator: gaddlord

MTG Secrets By Joe Soh

Postby matthewwat » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:19 am

Guys, just wanted to let the word out on our upcoming Magic website www.mtgsecrets.com. Please have a look and there's a mini course that we are giving away too just to thank you for your time!
matthewwat
Apprentice

Postby gaddlord » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:35 pm

Good to know that pro players are also using MTG Studio. Thanks for sharing.
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby Allarielle » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:44 pm

Signed up for your course , Jo......... thanks
Allarielle
Sorcerer
Sorcerer

Postby Schwanke » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:26 pm

Did you actually get something for signing up? That looks an awefull lot like a site that fishes for emails. Could have created it then googled all the popular mtg sites and posted about it. No website beyond enter an email scares me.
Schwanke
Planeswalker
Planeswalker

Postby gaddlord » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:28 pm

I have received one newsletter with real Magic content.
(I am not affiliated with the web site and most likely will unsubscribe since the content in the newsletter is more around playing the game instead of creating software about it).
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby Darvus Laan » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:05 pm

I checked out the service they're using for sending out the emails. It's a pretty well-known company that deals specifically with mass emails and they have a very strict no-spam policy and require a one-click, no-hassle unsubscribe at the end of every email.

I've been subscribed for about a month. I got a number of (seemingly randomly-timed) emails with actual relevant content and good links to MTG articles on the official site. Most advanced players probably already read the articles he points to, but for those of us who aren't as versed, it helps.

I'm pretty strict about spam and, to my knowledge, I've received nothing that makes me think I've been sold out or scammed. I'm in the computer repair business and deal with a lot of phishing, malware and other scams, so my instincts for these things have become pretty accurate.

I agree that the home page made me nervous at first, but as I said, I checked out their mail server for the distribution and they're legit. Of course, if anyone else finds differently, please say so!
Darvus Laan
Mage
Mage

Return to General Discussions (MTG Studio)