Need FAQ for Duel of Planwalkers

General ideas, features requests, comments, concerns, complaints about MTG Studio desktop application

Moderator: gaddlord

Need FAQ for Duel of Planwalkers

Postby Kosta » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:42 am

Guys fine Program nice but befor i will pay for it i need real informations

Can i use it to Creat a Deck for MTGO "Duel of Planwalkers"

If yes :

wich Decks i need to Load?
and wich *.XX i need to save it
and with Steampoint i need to save it exemple c:/Steam/Steamapps/......

Filter is Ulrta Slowly if u use ALL MTGO cards

or how i find the Allready created Decks to Chance this ?

Ty for Help!
Kosta
Apprentice

Postby Azul » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:47 am

If you're talking about the Steam version of Magic then I don't think you can make decks for it in MTG Studio. The only way to make a new deck from scratch would mean that you have a cracked version. I don't think Gadd would want to support something like that because it could get him in trouble.

The normal copy of the game is so stripped down that there would never be a reason to have a deck editor for it. Most of the cards in the decks are fixed so you cannot remove them. You cannot replace something like a grizzly bear with a better card. You are only allowed to add/remove certain cards from the deck and that only takes about 15 seconds to mouse over your few options. I believe you edit a deck in game by going to the deck selection screen and clicking the edit deck button at the bottom. You will have had to unlock cards by winning matches if you want to add them to the deck.
Azul
Planeswalker
Planeswalker

Postby Azul » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:51 am

I'm not totally sure what you are asking here. But this is Magic the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers -

http://www.wizards.com/magic/digital/du ... otp/whatis

And this is MTGO (Magic Online) -

http://www.wizards.com/magic/digital/MagicOnline.aspx

Duels of the Planeswalkers is more like a training mode to MTGO. In MTGO you have to buy booster packs, boxes and cards with real money just like in paper magic. The interface isn't as pretty as the one in Duels, but I've heard they are seriously working on that over the next year or so.
Azul
Planeswalker
Planeswalker

Postby Kosta » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:33 pm

Ok ty its MTGO: Duels of Paswalker
and y right no way to do chance or Conrtolling the Decks
Kosta
Apprentice

Postby Azul » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:27 pm

I wish they would allow more control and real deck building. You only have a little control. I think they wanted the game to be very accessible to all users. They wanted new people to be able to play the same and to know what each deck offers. Duels is kind of like Learning Magic for Beginners.

They also don't want to drive any business away from Magic Online. They're hoping that Duels with give people the hunger so they will sink a lot of money into Magic Online.
Azul
Planeswalker
Planeswalker

Return to General Discussions (MTG Studio)