Filtering Planechase vs Archenemy vs colors vs types

General ideas, features requests, comments, concerns, complaints about MTG Studio desktop application

Moderator: gaddlord

Filtering Planechase vs Archenemy vs colors vs types

Postby Keiser » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:37 am

Noticed something a little weird. As a feature, the filter has a card type option of "Plane," but if you instead filter COLOR by "Land" they also show up there.

Archenemy schemes on the other hand, have no type they show up under and can only be filtered under color "Land." Was weird adding my lands from Archenemy and seeing schemes there.

There seems to be an odd redundancy collision between colors and types in the filters that sometimes doesn't make sense. Some overlap that actually functions differently. Artifact and land aren't really a color, they're types, technically both are colorless (exceptions include Alara block colored artifacts). Right now the artifact color acts like a combination of the color "colorless" and the type "artifact" since it doesn't include colored artifacts (Alara) nor non-artifact colorless spells (i.e. Eldrazi).

A newer user may get confused when trying to figure out which filter checkboxes do exactly what. I didn't help it when I requested "Colorless" for Eldrazi. ;) I know it would probably be a lot of work, so up to you if you want to change it.

Also any known way to get art for oversized cards to show up in MTGStudio?
Keiser

Postby gaddlord » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:25 am

Indeed the Artifact, Land, and Character are not Colors.
I support them as colors in order to be able to display the cards with different color in the card pool.

What I can suggest is to remove the Artifact, Land and Character from Colors even though I can keep them internally) and the Colorless filter to return all cards of type
- Colorless
- Artifact
- Land
- Character

Having this setup:

will result in:

Also any known way to get art for oversized cards to show up in MTGStudio?

I don't get the questions. Can you elaborate a bit more please?
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby Keiser » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:31 am

Hey sorry sorta forgot I made this post gadd.

Merging the colors into one checkbox in the filters makes sense, I think that would make it easier for new users. I see it's already in 1.8.2, thanks!

What I mean about art is when I select a Planechase or Archenemy oversized card it does not show a preview image. It just shows whatever card was last selected. Was wondering if these images are even available.

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/ ... eid=212596

Thanks for all the work!
Keiser

Postby gaddlord » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:24 pm

All of those are available since a couple of months.
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Return to General Discussions (MTG Studio)