Collection Question

General ideas, features requests, comments, concerns, complaints about MTG Studio desktop application

Moderator: gaddlord

Collection Question

Postby Oldtree » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:44 am

Hi there,

i recently purchased MTG Studio due to the announcement of some feature in the 1.8.2 release i'm interested in. I liked it how active the development is and how user input influence the development...

Now to my question. I thinking of bringing my mtg cards in MTG Studio via the collection feature. I have severeal versions of the same card. For example do I have Pattern of Rebirth as a normal card from the, i believe, Urza's destiny edition and from a non tornament legal WM-Deck (Worlds in Brussels) i purchased.

Now I want to seperate them in my collection so that i see how many normal cards i have and how many from my WM-Decks. Or another scenario: I have crads from the same Edition but in different conditions, how do I seperate them in my collection?

Can I by any chance add own Editions (like WM-Decks as an edition) so that I'm able to better manage my cards?
Oldtree
Apprentice

Postby Oldtree » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:55 am

I recalled that there was a dialog at first which asked wether i want to add a quantity to an existing entry or not. I checked a checkbox to auto add cards to my collection. The problem was, I couldn't find a way to enable this dialog again. But now i just edited the .conf file and set the corresponding settings to true.

Now Im able again to add a new row with the same card to the collection... so problem is solved.
Oldtree
Apprentice

Re: Collection Question

Postby gaddlord » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:37 pm

Oldtree wrote:Can I by any chance add own Editions (like WM-Decks as an edition) so that I'm able to better manage my cards?

This is not possible mainly due to the fact that apart from having to add your own editions each time a new MTG Studio comes out, the internal database structure of MTG Studio will have to be updated for legality.

I am sorry but I don't see this feature coming any soon.
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Return to General Discussions (MTG Studio)