MTG Studio Does NOT Start UP, on Windows 7 32bit

General ideas, features requests, comments, concerns, complaints about MTG Studio desktop application

Moderator: gaddlord

MTG Studio Does NOT Start UP, on Windows 7 32bit

Postby Zpro » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:57 am

I have purchase, and download version 1.7.0, then install it, does not lauch at all, with no anti-virus running, second, downloaded 1.8.1 and try this, as well, same issues, install ok, BUT DOES NOT, run, yes, used admin before the install, with NO-Anti-Virus running., Sent email to support have not heard back.

Other wise going for a refund. :x
Zpro
Apprentice

Postby Schwanke » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:25 pm

Gaddlord usually replies to forum posts every couple days. In my opinion mtg studio is worth the wait especially for the price for life and fast updates. Give him a little time one guy software can be a pain.
Schwanke
Planeswalker
Planeswalker

Postby Zpro » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:35 pm

Schwanke wrote:Gaddlord usually replies to forum posts every couple days. In my opinion mtg studio is worth the wait especially for the price for life and fast updates. Give him a little time one guy software can be a pain.

Um, its been since Aug 1, have still can use the program...
Sorry, when I pay for something I expect to be able to use it. :wink:
Zpro
Apprentice

Postby Schwanke » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:36 pm

I can understand the frustration. I'm just trying to say bearing through the frustration is worth it. I'm sure he will find a way to fix it in the next update and probably put out an update twice as fast because of you being a paying customer.

I'm not speaking for him but from my time here I've pretty much come to the belief that he is a high quality programmer and exceptional support technician rolled into one.

Maybe I shouldn't be saying anything but was hoping this would give you peace of mind your money is not wasted and it is worth waiting a little bit before going through the trouble for a refund.

Hope this helps. Figured this would be better then thinking no one cares cuz sometimes no one posts for days on end and it can feel like the project is dead.

We just had a new update and then an update about 24 hours later to fix a bug in the update so he is quick to respond when he can. Dont know why he hasnt responded yet but he probably has a life too. :)
Schwanke
Planeswalker
Planeswalker

Postby Zpro » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:11 pm

Schwanke wrote:I can understand the frustration. I'm just trying to say bearing through the frustration is worth it. I'm sure he will find a way to fix it in the next update and probably put out an update twice as fast because of you being a paying customer.

I'm not speaking for him but from my time here I've pretty much come to the belief that he is a high quality programmer and exceptional support technician rolled into one.

Maybe I shouldn't be saying anything but was hoping this would give you peace of mind your money is not wasted and it is worth waiting a little bit before going through the trouble for a refund.

Hope this helps. Figured this would be better then thinking no one cares cuz sometimes no one posts for days on end and it can feel like the project is dead.

We just had a new update and then an update about 24 hours later to fix a bug in the update so he is quick to respond when he can. Dont know why he hasnt responded yet but he probably has a life too. :)

Okay, I do thank you for the heads up, since I really don't know the devel, and how he or she operates.... but as for other software devel,
I been .. how do I say this.. BURN before. I would be willing to give some days, to hear something back on a positive note. :wink:
Zpro
Apprentice

Postby Schwanke » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:33 am

Yeah not sure why he's takin so long.

I know about the being burned. That was why I told him a little while ago that even though I LOVED the software I wasnt going to pay for it until the month trial was up because I have had things go south at the last minute and then no solution but to abandon the money.

I ended up paying for it like a week early but that was cuz I was confident that it was well worth it. I may even try to donate a little extra since I still think 20 dollars for a lifetime subscription is a steal. I think its worth more like 30 or 40 and then maybe an extra 5 or 10 dollars every new 'full' update or something. Though I am broke lol so I apreciate the discount. :D

Sorry he's takin so long. Not sure whats going on. I've gotten responses to my issues in 1 maybe 2 days tops. Going on 2 to 3 for you could definitely be anoying. Look at it this way though. Unless you plan on going to your credit card company to have them reverse the charge, or paypal or whatever, you gotta wait for him to come back anyway so might as well just check the boards once in a while for a few days and see what happens. Maybe go do something else entirely and wait for that 'suprise' email that's his response.

Good luck. I'm here if I can help but I doubt it. :P
Schwanke
Planeswalker
Planeswalker

Postby Zpro » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:51 pm

Schwanke wrote:Yeah not sure why he's takin so long.

I know about the being burned. That was why I told him a little while ago that even though I LOVED the software I wasnt going to pay for it until the month trial was up because I have had things go south at the last minute and then no solution but to abandon the money.

I ended up paying for it like a week early but that was cuz I was confident that it was well worth it. I may even try to donate a little extra since I still think 20 dollars for a lifetime subscription is a steal. I think its worth more like 30 or 40 and then maybe an extra 5 or 10 dollars every new 'full' update or something. Though I am broke lol so I apreciate the discount. :D

Sorry he's takin so long. Not sure whats going on. I've gotten responses to my issues in 1 maybe 2 days tops. Going on 2 to 3 for you could definitely be anoying. Look at it this way though. Unless you plan on going to your credit card company to have them reverse the charge, or paypal or whatever, you gotta wait for him to come back anyway so might as well just check the boards once in a while for a few days and see what happens. Maybe go do something else entirely and wait for that 'suprise' email that's his response.

Good luck. I'm here if I can help but I doubt it. :P

Yeah, sitting and waiting can really suck . . .
couple more days, and will see.
Zpro
Apprentice

Postby Azul » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:42 am

I've run this on multiple computers through a number of versions and haven't had any issues. I'd recommend that you double check that you have all the updates in the windows update center. I don't remember if it needs it but you might be lacking a new enough version of something like Java, .net framework, directX or something of that sort. You'd want the newest versions of those files regardless of whether MTG Studio uses them or not. Your computer is at risk if you don't have all the bug fixes and speed improvements that these offer.

Gaddlord might be busy right now but he is very good at listening to his users. I've already suggested one or two features for the program and he had them included by the next version.
Azul
Planeswalker
Planeswalker

Postby Zpro » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:57 pm

Azul wrote:I've run this on multiple computers through a number of versions and haven't had any issues. I'd recommend that you double check that you have all the updates in the windows update center. I don't remember if it needs it but you might be lacking a new enough version of something like Java, .net framework, directX or something of that sort. You'd want the newest versions of those files regardless of whether MTG Studio uses them or not. Your computer is at risk if you don't have all the bug fixes and speed improvements that these offer.

Gaddlord might be busy right now but he is very good at listening to his users. I've already suggested one or two features for the program and he had them included by the next version.

Um, Check windows update, all is well... Sorry, the other Magic program works just fine... Thanks Anyways .
Zpro
Apprentice

Postby gaddlord » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:52 pm

Please also disable Data Execution Prevention from Control Panel|Performance Settings.

Read this for XP http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/566/xp-s ... ature-dep/

and detailed explanation at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875352
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby Zpro » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:30 am

gaddlord wrote:Please also disable Data Execution Prevention from Control Panel|Performance Settings.

Read this for XP http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/566/xp-s ... ature-dep/

and detailed explanation at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875352

Thanks for the Reply, um... But I am running Windows 7 32bit Ultimate, and NOT XP.

:wink:
Zpro
Apprentice

Postby gaddlord » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:48 pm

Please also refer to http://www.tomstricks.com/how-todisable ... -or-in-xp/

For Vista, Windows 7 instructions.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby chocbudda » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:08 am

I've had DEP turned off on my windows 7 32 bit system since forever

mtgstudio.exe is sitting in taskmanager processes running at 50% cpu

but it fails to "begin"

any further solutions??
chocbudda

Postby gaddlord » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:14 am

Add MTG Studio to the list of excluded to scan programs in your Antivirus Software such as NOD 32 and McAfee
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby Zpro » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:06 pm

Wonder when MTG Studio is going to be ready for Windows 7, have tried the newer version 1.8.2 still does not load, either on Desktop nor on my Laptop... Yes, All Windows 7 updates are done, and Anti-Virus was un-installed. Still Nothing. :roll:
Zpro
Apprentice

Next

Return to General Discussions (MTG Studio)