Better Card Prices

General ideas, features requests, comments, concerns, complaints about MTG Studio desktop application

Moderator: gaddlord

Which is your card store?

tcgplayer.com
29%
findmagiccards.com
No votes
magictraders.com
No votes
abugames.com
14%
hasturhobbies.com
No votes
coolstuffinc.com
29%
cardkingdom.com
No votes
wizardscupboard.com
No votes
toadandtroll.com
No votes
blackborder.com
No votes
anycraze.com
No votes
ccghouse.com
No votes
bidwicket.com
No votes
ebay.com
No votes
mtgfanatic.com
No votes
starcitygames.com
No votes
manaleak.com
No votes
other (specify by putting a post)
29%

Total votes : 7

Better Card Prices

Postby gaddlord » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:29 pm

It is a quite common request to have better card prices on average in MTG Studio.
Please vote for your favorite card store you purchase from.

Maybe I will be able to negotiate making interface with one or two of those sites.
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby Schwanke » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:09 pm

I only voted tcgplayer because I did mention that was where I was getting my prices from and it would be rude not to lol. But that was only because it happened to be the first site that popped up on google that had both prices and a full database of cards with pictures etc.

I dont actually know if their prices are 'realistic' or not. Like for example a lot of their 'expensive' cards go down in price dramatically because people keep listing them and they keep not selling.

I cant tell if thats because people just dont like to use that site to buy/sell or those cards really are no longer popular or no one has heard of them/trust them so its a small market base.

The fact that I found them on my first google may have been a fluke of google's info organizing.

So I dunno. I am not experienced enough in the value of recent years of cards to know for sure if those prices are 'realistic' for the whole market or not.

Just mentioning. If I'm the only vote for it dont worry about it. :D
Schwanke
Planeswalker
Planeswalker

Postby TheAndrian » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:23 am

Hiya,

Submitted 'other' - I see 'Manaleak' is listed thought I'd add 'MagicMadHouse' - http://www.magicmadhouse.com

Cheers
TheAndrian
Wizard
Wizard

Postby Schwanke » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:11 pm

Couldnt find the post that said which companies are used for the pricing but I found a application for the droid x that does some basic things like mtgstudio and they use starcitygames and cardkingdom. This is done right from the phone so you can look up prices from either of those two places from anywhere. I plan on using it when I go through my decks with my mom to price our rares and foils out of curiousity.

(Ironicly the first booster pack my mom opened had a rare foil worth 3$s according to abugames lol. Go mom lol.)

I'd love to see a droid app version of mtg studio but I figure itd be better to put effort towards the web version and make it mobile friendly then to spend time on individual mobile platforms.
Schwanke
Planeswalker
Planeswalker

Postby Keiser » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:04 am

CSI (coolstuffinc.com) is an awesome site, I get all my Magic stuff there. I've had a few complex orders (lots of singles) and they've only messed up once, and then it was only a tiny error. When I told them they fixed it and gave me free stuff to boot. Their prices are pretty realistic per market value, usually just above what you can get cards for on eBay if you really hunt. Sometimes it's cheaper just to get a bunch of stuff from them instead of eBay because of combined shipping (which for singles is always $0.99 for U.S.A., not sure if that holds up international) as opposed to like $2-4 per auction.

When I'm trying to figure out cards I want to buy and check their cost I *always* make a list using CSI prices before hitting eBay or anything.
Keiser

Cardshark

Postby yosaj » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:10 am

Cardshark. they are competitive and almost always lowest prices.
yosaj
Apprentice

Return to General Discussions (MTG Studio)