Promo cards need to be updated

General ideas, features requests, comments, concerns, complaints about MTG Studio desktop application

Moderator: gaddlord

Promo cards need to be updated

Postby TheAndrian » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:06 pm

I guess the above subject says it all; the database is lagging behind with the recent addition of Prerelease, Release, DCI, GTW, Judge, MPR and FNM cards.

When will these be added in?

Cheers
TheAndrian
Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:35 am

Postby zorbaelbudha » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:38 pm

I believe that it will be more helpful to Gad D Lord if you include a LIST of all the missing cards.

Thanks in advance!!!
User avatar
zorbaelbudha
Registered User
Registered User
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:13 pm

Postby TheAndrian » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:47 am

Already submitted the other night a long list - found the page form for this after submitting the post.
TheAndrian
Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:35 am

Postby gaddlord » Tue May 04, 2010 1:40 am

I have already added Champs and FNM for 1.7.7 version.
You can track the status of cards being added at http://www.twitter.com/gaddlord
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
User avatar
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team
 
Posts: 2945
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 12:01 pm
Location: Europe

Postby gaddlord » Tue May 04, 2010 2:00 am

You mentioned Release cards missing. Magic Librarities (http://www.magiclibrarities.net/94-rari ... index.html) reports the last one to be printed in 2007. Are there newer ones? If yes please provide credible reference.
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
User avatar
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team
 
Posts: 2945
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 12:01 pm
Location: Europe

Postby gaddlord » Tue May 04, 2010 5:57 am

The following cards have been added:

Code: Select all
Dauntless Dourbark [Champs 2008 Foil]
Oblivion Ring [FNM 2009 Foil]
Sakura-Tribe Elder [FNM 2009 Foil]
Tidehollow Sculler [FNM 2010 Foil]
Ghostly Prison [FNM 2010 Foil]
Ancient Ziggurat [FNM 2010 Foil]
Bloodbraid Elf [FNM 2010 Foil]
Cloudpost [FNM 2010 Foil]
Lightning Bolt [MPR 2010 Foil]
Cancel [MPR 2010]
Sign in Blood [MPR 2010]
Infest [MPR 2010]
Volcanic Fallout [MPR 2010]
Dauntless Dourbark [Gateway 2007 Foil]
Selkie Hedge-Mage [Gateway 2008 Foil]
Orim's Chant [Judge Gift 2008 Foil]
Demonic Tutor [Judge Gift 2008 Foil]
Living Wish [Judge Gift 2008 Foil]
Dark Ritual [Judge Gift 2009 Foil]
Maze of Ith [Judge Gift 2009 Foil]
Stifle [Judge Gift 2009 Foil]
Survival of the Fittest [Judge Gift 2009 Foil]
Burning Wish [Judge Gift 2009 Foil]
Bloodstained Mire [Judge Gift 2009 Foil]
Flooded Strand [Judge Gift 2009 Foil]
Polluted Delta [Judge Gift 2009 Foil]
Windswept Heath [Judge Gift 2009 Foil]
Wooded Foothills [Judge Gift 2009 Foil]
Natural Order [Judge Gift 2010 Foil]
Phyrexian Dreadnought [Judge Gift 2010 Foil]
Hellspark Elemental [Gateway 2009 Foil]
Sprouting Thrinax [Gateway 2008 Foil]
Woolly Thoctar [Gateway 2008 Foil]
Path to Exile [Gateway 2009 Foil]
Marisi's Twinclaws [Gateway 2009 Foil]
Slave of Bolas [Gateway 2009 Foil]
Mind Control [Gateway 2009 Foil]
Mycoid Shepherd [Gateway 2009 Foil]
Rise from the Grave [Gateway 2009 Foil]
Figure of Destiny [Rel 14 Jul 2008 Foil]
Ajani Vengeant [Rel 3 Oct 2008 Foil]
Obelisk of Alara [Rel 6 Feb 2009 Foil]
Knight of New Alara [Rel 30 Apr 2009 Foil]
Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle [Rel 2 Oct 2009 Foil]
Joraga Warcaller [Rel 5 Feb 2010 Foil]


Please let me know if I have missed something.
Last edited by gaddlord on Tue May 04, 2010 3:48 pm, edited 9 times in total.
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
User avatar
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team
 
Posts: 2945
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 12:01 pm
Location: Europe

Postby TheAndrian » Tue May 04, 2010 11:09 am

gaddlord wrote:You mentioned Release cards missing. Magic Librarities (http://www.magiclibrarities.net/94-rari ... index.html) reports the last one to be printed in 2007. Are there newer ones? If yes please provide credible reference.


Check this thread as evidence:

http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/article/Re ... vent_cards

The link does not have the latest, which is the release promo for Rise of the Eldrazi - "Lord of Shatterskull Pass".

<EDIT> Seems Magiclibrarities is a bit behind. <EDIT> Hmmm seems they are not since they have a Launch Party section as commented in my afternote below.

Great to see new stuff being added. Many thanks.

Cheers

P.S. Seems "Release" is not used anymore the preference being "Launch Party" now. Maybe that could be the confusion.
TheAndrian
Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:35 am

Postby gaddlord » Tue May 04, 2010 2:36 pm

TheAndrian wrote:Check this thread as evidence:
http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/article/Re ... vent_cards


Very good reference from almost most credible source. Thank you. I will work on those. You can follow the updates on http://www.twitter.com/gaddlord
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
User avatar
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team
 
Posts: 2945
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 12:01 pm
Location: Europe

Postby gaddlord » Wed May 05, 2010 5:22 am

gaddlord wrote:The following cards have been added:

Code: Select all
Dauntless Dourbark [Champs 2008 Foil]
Oblivion Ring [FNM 2009 Foil]
Sakura-Tribe Elder [FNM 2009 Foil]
Tidehollow Sculler [FNM 2010 Foil]
Ghostly Prison [FNM 2010 Foil]
Ancient Ziggurat [FNM 2010 Foil]
Bloodbraid Elf [FNM 2010 Foil]
Cloudpost [FNM 2010 Foil]
Lightning Bolt [MPR 2010 Foil]
Cancel [MPR 2010]
Sign in Blood [MPR 2010]
Infest [MPR 2010]
Volcanic Fallout [MPR 2010]
Dauntless Dourbark [Gateway 2007 Foil]
Selkie Hedge-Mage [Gateway 2008 Foil]
Orim's Chant [Judge Gift 2008 Foil]
Demonic Tutor [Judge Gift 2008 Foil]
Living Wish [Judge Gift 2008 Foil]
Dark Ritual [Judge Gift 2009 Foil]
Maze of Ith [Judge Gift 2009 Foil]
Stifle [Judge Gift 2009 Foil]
Survival of the Fittest [Judge Gift 2009 Foil]
Burning Wish [Judge Gift 2009 Foil]
Bloodstained Mire [Judge Gift 2009 Foil]
Flooded Strand [Judge Gift 2009 Foil]
Polluted Delta [Judge Gift 2009 Foil]
Windswept Heath [Judge Gift 2009 Foil]
Wooded Foothills [Judge Gift 2009 Foil]
Natural Order [Judge Gift 2010 Foil]
Phyrexian Dreadnought [Judge Gift 2010 Foil]
Hellspark Elemental [Gateway 2009 Foil]
Sprouting Thrinax [Gateway 2008 Foil]
Woolly Thoctar [Gateway 2008 Foil]
Path to Exile [Gateway 2009 Foil]
Marisi's Twinclaws [Gateway 2009 Foil]
Slave of Bolas [Gateway 2009 Foil]
Mind Control [Gateway 2009 Foil]
Mycoid Shepherd [Gateway 2009 Foil]
Rise from the Grave [Gateway 2009 Foil]
Figure of Destiny [Rel 14 Jul 2008 Foil]
Ajani Vengeant [Rel 3 Oct 2008 Foil]
Obelisk of Alara [Rel 6 Feb 2009 Foil]
Knight of New Alara [Rel 30 Apr 2009 Foil]
Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle [Rel 2 Oct 2009 Foil]
Joraga Warcaller [Rel 5 Feb 2010 Foil]
Comet Storm [Pre 30 Jan 2010 Foil]
Emrakul, the Aeons Torn [Pre 17 Apr 2010 Foil]
Malfegor [Pre 31 Jan 2009 Foil]
Rampaging Baloths [Pre 26 Sep 2009 Foil]
Vampire Nocturnus [Pre 11 Jul 2009 Foil]
Dragon Broodmother [Pre 25 Apr 2009 Foil]
Celestine Reef [Pre 26 Sep 2009 Foil]
Eldrazi Spawn [ROE] (1)
Eldrazi Spawn [ROE] (2)
Eldrazi Spawn [ROE] (3)
Elemental [ROE]
Hellion [ROE]
Ooze [ROE]
Tuktuk the Returned [ROE]
Horizon Boughs [Gateway 2009]
Mirrored Depths [Gateway 2010]


Please let me know if I have missed something.
Last edited by gaddlord on Tue May 11, 2010 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
User avatar
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team
 
Posts: 2945
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 12:01 pm
Location: Europe

Postby TheAndrian » Wed May 05, 2010 6:45 am

gaddlord wrote:
gaddlord wrote:The following cards have been added:

Code: Select all

Celestine Reef [Pre 26 Sep 2009 Foil]


Please let me know if I have missed something.


Hi again just wanted to point out that "Celestine Reef" is not a foil - just an ordinary planar card. The other 2 promo planes are normal as well "Horizon Boughs" GTW 2009 and "Mirrored Depths" GTW 2010.

Cheers
TheAndrian
Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:35 am

Postby gaddlord » Tue May 11, 2010 12:36 pm

TheAndrian wrote:Hi again just wanted to point out that "Celestine Reef" is not a foil - just an ordinary planar card. The other 2 promo planes are normal as well "Horizon Boughs" GTW 2009 and "Mirrored Depths" GTW 2010.

This will be fixed. Thanks for reporting. A couple more were added as well.
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
User avatar
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team
 
Posts: 2945
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 12:01 pm
Location: Europe

Postby TheAndrian » Tue May 11, 2010 8:18 pm

Thats great. I have a query which in a way maybe related to this thread for updating the database of cards - is there any chance for the FL (Foreign Language) section to be updated in the future? Chiefly I'm after The Dark in Italian, the German Revised BB (aka German Beta).

I understand there is a lot to deal with the FL cards by inputing the text and type in another language.

Cheers
TheAndrian
Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:35 am

Postby gaddlord » Wed May 12, 2010 12:15 am

I understand there is a lot to deal with the FL cards by inputing the text and type in another language.

Indeed. I have moe than 7100 foreign language cards yet to add. I can not give you an estimate when they will be added.

Meanwhile as a workaround you can add an ordinary The Dark card in your collection and put in the notes that it is an "Italian" one.
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
User avatar
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team
 
Posts: 2945
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 12:01 pm
Location: Europe

Postby TheAndrian » Wed May 12, 2010 11:39 am

gaddlord wrote:
I understand there is a lot to deal with the FL cards by inputing the text and type in another language.

Indeed. I have moe than 7100 foreign language cards yet to add. I can not give you an estimate when they will be added.

Meanwhile as a workaround you can add an ordinary The Dark card in your collection and put in the notes that it is an "Italian" one.


Hi again!

Would it be of help if I added the information to the missing cards report form that you have linked in this forum? I'm quite happy to add in my own time as of next week the German Revised text, flavour and type data as well as the Italian The Dark since I have complete sets of each and I can refer to them. I have bits and pieces of the French and Italian Revised "Beta" but I would leave that in someone elses hands who have complete sets. My only query regarding the German Revised is the misprint of the Forest which has the artwork of the Plains. They did print the correct 3 Forests with the occasional exception as mentioned above how would one put this into the database - an official card from the set or a new category/edition of misprints?

I am planning to supply HQ scans of the German revised BB to the CCGHQ group in due course as well as some of the most sought after SM once I have obtained a suitable scanner.

Cheers
TheAndrian
Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:35 am

Postby robertm70609 » Sat May 15, 2010 9:36 pm

Additional cards to be added include:

Umezawa's Jitte (Gran Prix 2010 - Foil)

Rhox (Nemesis symbol, but card #112a of 143 - 2000 - Foil - Alternate Art)

Desert (FNM 2008 - 8 of 12 - Foil)
Browbeat (FNM 2009 - 10 of 12 - Foil)

Kamahl, Pit Fighter (15th Anniversay Special) http://magiccards.info/15ann/en/2.html

Corrupt (MPR 2008 - 7 of 7 - Textless)
Celestial Purge (MPR 2010 - 6 of 9 - Textless)
Bituminous Blast (MPR 2010 - 7 of 9 - Textless)

Retaliator Griffin (2009 - #A4 - Foil - same symbol as Brion Stoutarm promo - I know some received this instead of the MPR Lightning Bolt promo, but could mail then back to get the Bolt)

Ant Queen (Rel 17 July 2009 - Foil)
Lord of Shatterskull Pass (Rel 23 Apr 2010 - Foil)

Kor Duelist (DCI 2009 - #32 - Foil)
Vampire Nighthawk (DCI 2009 - #33 - foil)
Kor Firewalker (DCI 2010 - #36 - Foil)
Leatherback Baloth (DCI 2010 - #37 - Foil)

Honor the Pure (Buy a Box promo - foil)
Day of Judgment (Buy a Box promo - foil)
Celestial Colonade (Buy a Box promo - foil)
Guul Draz Assassin (Buy a Box promo - 2010 - Foil)

This is my first post and I hope this is the appropriate way to submit this type of suggestion. If not, please indicate where I should go. Thanks for a great program. Best purchase I ever made to track cards. :)
robertm70609
Apprentice
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:50 am

Next

Return to General Discussions (MTG Studio)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron