Sorting

Suggest improvements and features you'd like to see while creating and editing my collection in MTG Studio...

Sorting

Postby Moosesjr » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:19 pm

I can not find the option for this if it is in the program, but is there a way to have my library and the pool be sorted so that it is in alphabetical order and have the editions be in release order. I can see where you can have it make in alphabetical, but then you can only make the editions in either alphabetical or reverse alphabetical order.
Moosesjr

Re: Sorting

Postby risingomega » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:01 pm

I also would love to see a sort option for date of release. Maybe even for Block? Would be possible to achieve a multi-layer sort? My physical cards are sorted alphabetically and below that by set release, if I could multi-layer sort the program it would be even easier to process my stock. Thanks for the great program too!
risingomega
Apprentice

Postby gleavitt » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:16 am

First, group by Edition. By default, this column sorts by date of release. It gets buggy regarding token and promotional "editions" since they aren't truly editions, but it's close enough to get the job done.

After that, you can sort Name alphanumerically, although I prefer to sort by card number (No) since this is the order I put my card sets together as I collect them. It breaks down on sets from before there were card numbers.
gleavitt
Warlock
Warlock

Postby Factor » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:32 pm

I have my cards sorted as the following:

Sets:
Core sets, all in order based on release date
Expansion sets, all in order based on release date

Special sets:

- Duel decks
- FTV
- Commander
- Promo's
- Etc.
- Etc.

all the above sub-folders, based on release date.

Ok, then the sets individually:

- Collectors number (This mostly means: White - Blue - Black - Red - Green - Multicolored - Artifact - Land)
- Alphabet

This means that I need some extra sorting filters. Without them, I can't use this wonderful program for stock control / inventory management purposes. :(
I have to maintain this sorting order for my inventory (130.000 cards)

If such filters could be added, I will buy this program instantly!
Factor
Apprentice

Return to Collection Suggestions (MTG Studio)