Tokens and Tips/Tricks

Suggest improvements and features you'd like to see while creating and editing my collection in MTG Studio...

Tokens and Tips/Tricks

Postby TheAndrian » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:01 pm

Hi,

Just wanted to make a suggestion for the future whether MTGStudio could be more detailed in the database for the variety of different tokens which have different "ad" backs; since the idea of flipping cards from the Innistrad block will be implemented in the future this would work really nicely with tokens with a variety of different backings. This can also be applied to the tips and tricks cards as well which isn't currently provided in MTGStudio.

It is a bit of along shot for this to implemented but there are collectors out there who want all variations of the tokens/tips and tricks cards to collect. Probably the complex part of implementing this is that some tokens were printed in a block at least two times with the same image and set symbol but with different "ad" backs relevant to the expansion it was printed in.

Cheers
TheAndrian
Wizard
Wizard

Re: Tokens and Tips/Tricks

Postby gaddlord » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:31 am

I doubt I will implement this feature. Scanning the backs of all tokens and promo cards is tedious work which noone (IFAIK) has done so far.

If you still see value in having this feature you can request and vote for it at http://mtgstudio.uservoice.com.
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby TheAndrian » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:20 pm

Hi,

I will put a request in for voting for the meantime. For your information the CCGHQ team do scans of all the backs for tokens and all the tips/tricks cards.

Cheers.
TheAndrian
Wizard
Wizard

Postby texasaggie » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:30 pm

I collect the tokens but I haven't even bothered to look at the different backs. Interesting but probably a very small number of people who are into it at that level. Now, on the token front, it would be nice to be able to easily filter tokens by set. As it stands now, I have to write a custom filter with the set name (e.g. name like '%[M13]%' and set = TK). It works and I don't do it that often, but just one of those things that would be a nice to have.
texasaggie

Return to Collection Suggestions (MTG Studio)