New concept for card list display

Suggest improvements and features you'd like to see while creating and editing my collection in MTG Studio...

New concept for card list display

Postby Moobu » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:24 am

I was doing some pretty heavy adding to my collection tonight when I came up with an idea that I think will make adding/detailing cards 100x easier. I'm thinking it would be beneficial to switch to a type of "Tree" display for the cards. There would be a main "card" topic where you add your total number and see your total price for that "stack" and what not. Then you can click a + button to expand the list of cards. From there you can assign set, foil, condition, and any other important defining factors that vary from each copy of a card. For Example:

+Birds of Paradise: 6 Copies: Market Value - Undefined

The main "card" hub would turn into a list looking like this.

-Birds of Paradise: 6 Copies: Market Value - (blank)
l-Set - (blank) : (blank) Copies: Condition - (blank) (Pull Down Menu) : Foil? (blank)(check box) : Market Price - (blank) : Market Value - (blank) : Remove Row?
l-Set - (blank) : (blank) Copies: Condition - (blank) (Pull Down Menu) : Foil? (blank)(check box) : Market Price - (blank) : Market Value - (blank) : Remove Row?

The final product would look something like this.

-Birds of Paradise: 6 Copies: Market Value - $60.00
l-Set - 4th Edition : 2 Copies: Condition - Fine (Pull Down Menu) : Foil? No(check box) : Market Price - $15.00 : Market Value - $15.00
l-Set - 6th Edition: 1 Copies: Condition - Fine : Foil? Yes : Market Price - $15.00 : Market Value - $15.00
l-Set - 6th Edition: 1 Copies: Condition - Good : Foil? No : Market Price - $10.00 : Market Value - $10.00
l-Set - Magic 2011: 2 Copies: Condition - Good : Foil? Yes : Market Price - $10.00 : Market Value - $20.00
l-(Add New Row?)

I know this would probably be a huge pain in the [CENSORED] for you to code Gadd... but I truly believe that this would be a MASSIVE improvement over the current Excel/Spreadsheet style that the system currently uses. It would make adding cards a LOT easier and it would add a level of depth to adding condition details to each card that no other system has ever offered before with such ease.
Moobu
Sorcerer
Sorcerer

Re: New concept for card list display

Postby gaddlord » Thu May 30, 2013 5:02 pm

It is achievable by adding a Model Name column containing the common card name without any Foil, Version, Set, etc. details.
One can vote for this at http://mtgstudio.uservoice.com/forums/16948-mtg-studio-suggestions/suggestions/4014000-new-concept-for-card-list-display-grouped-by-card-
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Return to Collection Suggestions (MTG Studio)