Pricing Update Suggestion

Suggest improvements and features you'd like to see while creating and editing my collection in MTG Studio...

Pricing Update Suggestion

Postby texasaggie » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:48 am

I'd like to suggest on the update collection prices that you add the ability for a user to select the set (or sets possibly) that they want to update. Since the price update is very slow for large collections, it would make it easier to get them updated. I stopped the pricing update on my collection after 16 hours and it still wasn't finished, so having something like this would let me keep it updated in smaller increments.

Thanks!
texasaggie

Re: Pricing Update Suggestion

Postby texasaggie » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:19 pm

A couple more suggestions related to pricing.

I understand getting pricing from the batch sets is difficult, due to the source data. With thousands of card records, it is impractical to think I would be able to keep the pricing updated with anything but the batch import. In the end, as a user, I need to get a fair idea of what my collection is worth without killing myself. So, to that end, I'd like to suggest the following:

Option to apply a default price for commons, uncommons and rares for any cards (by set?) where you don't have pricing from the sources
Option to allow editing of the prices that get set by the batch job, for situations where the average isn't realistic.
ability to exclude foils from being updated (or use the foil price list from mtgtraders).
texasaggie

Return to Collection Suggestions (MTG Studio)