Price updating

Suggest improvements and features you'd like to see while creating and editing my collection in MTG Studio...

Price updating

Postby dvdira » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:21 am

Hello, I've been encoding my entire collection for the past 5 days. During which time I noticed that prices are not accurate....

1. 5th edition cards seem way overpriced
2. None of what I see here is consistent with Abugames, which is where I buy cards...
3. When I press the "Update Price" button under File,

I realize that this is still in continuous development, therefore my suggestion is:

1 Kindly allow users to edit the prices.

Reason #1
The prices from the retailers are fine, but in the event that things don't seem consistent with local economies, we should be able to price our cards ourselves. Perhaps if there can be a "reset prices" button, that would merge both user-driven pricing and retailer pricing in a handy package.

Reason #2
Users can set pricing for "special cards" such as those that are signed or graded or have art alterations.

2 Most of the retailers have prices for Foils, so clicking on the "Foil" indicator should automatically switch the price from regular to Foil.

3 In the case of price updating, perhaps there can be an indicator when the last update was made. As mentioned earlier, pressing the "Price Update" button leaves little indication if prices were indeed updated or not.

Thanks and more power to the developers of this program!

Dvdira
dvdira
Apprentice

Postby Schwanke » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:55 am

If I understood what gad was saying before he evaporated the next mtgs version was going to have a complete overhaul of the pricing system. There's atleast a couple posts of it in the forums here but my main concern is the lack of gad at all for almost what three weeks now. Hoping its just holidays and praying its not something worse.
Schwanke
Planeswalker
Planeswalker

Postby gaddlord » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:10 pm

There's atleast a couple posts of it in the forums here but my main concern is the lack of gad at all for almost what three weeks now. Hoping its just holidays and praying its not something worse.

I am all good. Thought the last weeks I have been working expensively on the new database which MTG Studio will use from now on. The database migration is almost done. I writing some final unit tests and performing testing over the new version of the product.
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Re: Price updating

Postby gaddlord » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:19 pm

dvdira wrote:1 Kindly allow users to edit the prices.

You can modify the prices yourself. You have two separate columns "Buy At" and "Sell At" which are exactly ment to be used by the users to be able to assign their own prices.

Currently the Price column is a standard average of non-foil cards from all stores. This is why it does not match neither ABU Games nor Magic Traders. In the future I will implement more advanced Pricing tools for picking price and Smart Average.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Other Price Sources

Postby Ouronos » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:01 pm

Greetings...

First, I will admit that I know *nothing* about how you are pulling the prices from the sources that you are currently doing so from, so my request may simply be a "are you kidding? Do you know what that would take?!" request. :wink:

Is there a way that we can designate an alternate source for MtG Studio to pull the prices from? Our FLGS uses a completely different site for pricing details, and it would be great to have MtG Studio use that site rather than having to input the (ever-changing) values into the database.

Just a thought - don't shoot me. :?

Until that time...
Until that time...
-Sir Gawain Ouronos

The Rose may wilt...
...but cannot die.
...for The Rose doth live in us all.
Ouronos

Postby gaddlord » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:01 am

Smart Average is implemented this way: http://mtgstudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Smart_Average

I currently support ABU Games and Magic Traders. I do have negotiated APIs with The Wizards Cupboard and Black Border but those are currently not in place.

I plan adding more and more stores to the picture but currently there are more than 30 big players on the market and I cannot promise which will agree on interfacing with MTG Studio and which not.

Most of them them don't even have API's in first place.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Return to Collection Suggestions (MTG Studio)