MTGS Program start-up

Suggest improvements and features you'd like to see in MTG Studio while creating and editing my deck...

Moderator: gaddlord

MTGS Program start-up

Postby dryan01uk » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:04 pm

I'm feeling creative today :wink: !

When MTGS starts up, could it automatically open ALL the decks that where last being worked on - not just the last ONE?

I'm currently building TWO decks for a 2HG competition and it's a bit of a pain trying to remember which version of each deck I was last working on when I shut the program.

D
dryan01uk

Postby gaddlord » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:39 pm

When MTGS starts up, could it automatically open ALL the decks that where last being worked on - not just the last ONE?

Hmm. ALL is not always equal to GOOD. Most of the time it is greedy and evil.

Actually I stopped myself from doing that since there is one scenario which I can not handle very well. Lets assume that you have (by mistake or not) dragged a large amount of deck files from Explorer to your MTG Studio). The memory turns not to be sufficient enough and your MTG Studio crashes but the files are already added to your Most Recenty Used list. Than you restart MTG Studio and again it tries to open ALL your decks previously "loaded" and the memory is not sufficient again, and again.
Of course there is graceful way to handle this by adding a deck file to the Most Recently Used list after the deck is successfully opened.

But this was just an example of how ALL can cause trouble.

I decided to add the Deck|Reopen menu just for this purpose to let you know which were the decks you last edited and be able to open SOME of them.

Is Deck|Reopen not good enough for your needs?
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby dryan01uk » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:07 pm

OK - guess I didn't look that far into it. Normally I get me best deck inspirations as I'm falling off to sleep - and I liked the spontaneity of accessing my last few open decks without going to the 'Reopen' menu.

As a compromise, how about setting at option to open the last 2,3,4,5 decks in the options menu?

If this doesn't happen, it's not a big issue - I like this program too much to get excited about having to click a menu more than once.

D
dryan01uk

Postby gaddlord » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:48 pm

As a compromise, how about setting at option to open the last 2,3,4,5 decks in the options menu?

I am not planning to do so at the time being, sorry.
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Return to Deck Editing Suggestions (MTG Studio)