New Card Pool columns

Suggest improvements and features you'd like to see in MTG Studio while creating and editing my deck...

Moderator: gaddlord

New Card Pool columns

Postby gaddlord » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:06 pm

MTG Studio 2.0 will be the first version with true Unicode support and being this way will display cards in any language. Check this out on the screenshot below.

The card pool contains over 2'000 cards in non-English language with its originally printed names, text and flavor text. The following languages are currently supported: English, French, Portuguese, German, Russian, Latin
Greek, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Hindi, Arabic, Hebrew

MTG Studio 2.0 card pool will have lots of new columns:
Block, Foil, Version, Release Date, Creature Type, Main Creature Type, General Creature Type, Oracle Type, Oracle Text, Language and Notes.

GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby digzor » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:13 pm

Phew! No wonder it's taken so long to get this developed!

I don't recall seeing any columns for the special things that you have in your abilities filters. Some of the filters are great for Vintage format - they won't build *great* decks, but there can certainly be a lot of fun: like the special types of cards (Bannerets, Bringers, Invokers, Champions, Lords, etc). Things that may or may not have an actual name on the card to filter off of, but that have abilities in a particular block that give them that certain story element of fun! I'm asking because I was wondering if we'd be able to see those things in the master card pool or if they have to be hard coded into the abilities filters.
Guns make you stupid. Duct tape makes you smart.
digzor

Postby gaddlord » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:21 pm

Such feature will be available in the Filter dialog. You will be able to sort by ability, where an ability can be - mechanic, keyword ability or a bunch of cards with similar properties.

For example there will be a "Moxes" group for the Mox XXX cards.
A "Power Nine" ability for Black Lotus, etc.
A "Izzet" ability with all Izzet guild cards.

But this is something to discuss in the "Abilities" thread I suppose.
I am even planning ability to create own abilities (a group of cards group by a certain criteria) and than filter them.
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Return to Deck Editing Suggestions (MTG Studio)