MTG Studio on Linux

Suggest improvements and features you'd like to see in MTG Studio while creating and editing my deck...

Moderator: gaddlord

MTG Studio on Linux

Postby crystalblade » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:06 pm

I must say that this is an excellent program. But have you thought about porting it to linux? There is no MTG program (to my knowledge) that has all the features that yours does on Linux (or on windows). Im sure that your busy upgrading MTG Studio to version 2. But perhapes its something that you could do later?
crystalblade
Apprentice

Postby gaddlord » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:32 am

Currently we don't have any plans for supporting other OS than Windows:

1. It would require a good knowledge of the target OS and its API (programming interface) which our team does not have.

2. MTG Studio is being ported to C# language for Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0. There is an equivalent project called Mono Framework for Linux but unfortunately its capabilities are still subset of the Microsoft version.

3. Linux users are not accustomed to buying the software they use and it would be a bit unfair the package to be free for Linux and paid for Windows. After all, the number of registered copies keeps the project alive and up to date.

We have in mind that the reasons mentioned above can change and we are porting MTG Studio to .NET Framework with the idea of possible Mono Framework migration. We have 95% possible portability for the non-visual libraries and 0% for the GUI (graphics interface). For the GUI we are using third party libraries which do not have Mono support and are not easy to convert to more "common controls".
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Return to Deck Editing Suggestions (MTG Studio)