Feature request - Quantity more than 4

Suggest improvements and features you'd like to see in MTG Studio while creating and editing my deck...

Moderator: gaddlord

Feature request - Quantity more than 4

Postby Phoebus » Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:39 pm

Hi.

First of all let me say that MTG Studio is an excellent pice of software. Congrats to all and anyone involved.

One tiny little thing however. I REALLY wish it would let me change the quantity of a card to more than 4. I don't think it's a bug, right? It's probably a feature...? I guess because of the "4-cards with the same name" rule?

Still, this is a database/cataloguing software and I would like to be able to catalog ALL my cards, some of which I have more than 4 times.

Any thoughts...?

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Cheers,
Phoebus
Phoebus
Apprentice

4 same cards in deck constrain

Postby gaddlord » Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:18 am

First of all let me say that MTG Studio is an excellent pice of software. Congrats to all and anyone involved.

Thank you, Phoebus for the cheering words. ;)

I guess because of the "4-cards with the same name" rule?

You are totally right this constrain (not allowing to add more than 4 cards in a deck) was applied because of 100.3 in MTG General Rulings.

I REALLY wish it would let me change the quantity of a card to more than 4.

Your wish will be satisfied in version 0.5.4. You will be able to add more than 4 cards in a deck. In version 0.5.4 you will be able to set the constrain upper bound for maximum number of cards in deck. The value must be between the interval [0..999]. The default value is 4. If you have more than 999 cards in your inventory (maybe someone is a Land Collector) please notify me to increase the upper bound to 99'999. The upper bound of this constrain can be changed from a new spinedit (edit field with up and down arrows) from View | Options | Deck dialog.

There are cards which do not apply to this constains. Their card number can be unlimited. Currently there is only one card of such type - Relentless Rats. Version 0.5.4 will allow you to add 10 Relentless Rats (dispite of the upper bound limit you have assgned).

I would like to be able to catalog ALL my cards

Because of the great need for such functionality (Inventory) the top priority for version 0.5.5 will be the Inventory - ability to create a list of all the cards you posess. If you have any suggestions please post them. Any comment or suggestion will be taken into consideration.

See also: http://www.palmroot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=204#204
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Return to Deck Editing Suggestions (MTG Studio)