Suggestion for card list and 'collectors'

Suggest improvements and features you'd like to see in MTG Studio while creating and editing my deck...

Moderator: gaddlord

Postby jAsOnX73 » Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:51 am

Hi,
first of all thanks for this great piece of software, it's great.

I have a little suggestion: in the card lists, cards with the same name but different art belonging to the same set are listed as one. Lands, for example, comes usually in three versions and it could be great to see all of them.

Maybe using a flag for multiple-art-cards [forest1, forest2, forest3]...
Same for Antiquities' Mishra's Factory, Strip Mine, Urza's Mine, Urza' Power Plant, Urza's Tower.

I noticed that in the Arabian Nights list, there are two 'Bird Maiden' [two different versions, one darker than the other]. The same should apply to: Erg Raiders, Hasran Ogress, Oubliette, Stone-Throwing Devils, Nafs Asp, Wyluli Wolf, Rukh Egg, Fishliver Oil, Giant Tortoise, Army of Allah, Moorish Cavalry, Piety and War Elephant. [ref: http://narsuitus.tripod.com/info_arabian_nights.html]

Also, could the set list be ordered not only in alphabetical order but also following the release date? (alpha, beta, unlimited, arabian nights, antiquities, revised....) [this means it could be great to order the folders inside the 'card art' folder (01. Alpha, 02. Beta, 03. Unlimited, 04. Arabian Nights and so on) - perfect if the folder name (and the set name) could be configured from inside the program, so, if I want to call 'Alpha' as '1993 - Alpha', I could (and also the folder name changes consequently)]

sorry for my english, I hope you understand what I wanted to say :)
j.
jAsOnX73

Postby gaddlord » Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:35 am

first of all thanks for this great piece of software, it's great.

Thank you. Such words are really creering up.

I have a little suggestion: in the card lists, cards with the same name but different art belonging to the same set are listed as one. Lands, for example, comes usually in three versions and it could be great to see all of them.

I think most of the"card art duplicates" are seen as
xxx (1), xxx(2), xxx(3). For example search for "Abbey Matron (1) and (2)".
If you find a card wchich has "card art duplicates" and is not listed so in the program, please let us know.

For the rest of the cards mentioned in your post, we will examine them and fix them for the next release.

Thank you, jAsOnX73
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Re: Suggestion for card list and 'collectors'

Postby jAsOnX73 » Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:16 am

gaddlord wrote:If you find a card wchich has "card art duplicates" and is not listed so in the program, please let us know.

ok, then... I sum things up... :)
so far:

Alpha: each land comes in two "flavors", list reports just one
Beta, Unlimited, Revised, 4th Edition, Ice Age: each land comes in three "flavors", list reports just one

Arabian Nights: as reported in quote -
I noticed that in the Arabian Nights list, there are two 'Bird Maiden' [two different versions, one darker than the other]. The same should apply to: Erg Raiders, Hasran Ogress, Oubliette, Stone-Throwing Devils, Nafs Asp, Wyluli Wolf, Rukh Egg, Fishliver Oil, Giant Tortoise, Army of Allah, Moorish Cavalry, Piety and War Elephant. [ref: http://narsuitus.tripod.com/info_arabian_nights.html]

Antiquities: Mishra's Factory, Strip Mine, Urza's Mine, Urza' Power Plant and Urza's Tower come in 4 "flavors", list reports just one
jAsOnX73

Postby jAsOnX73 » Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:52 am

Chronicles: Urza's Mine, Urza's Tower, Urza's Power Plant. Each comes with 4 differente card art, list shows just one.

Homelands: Dwarven Trader, Giant Albatross and Trade Caravan all have two different card art, but are listed as one. All others 'duplicate card arts' in the set are listed correctly.

Alliances: Arcane Denial, Astrolabe, Bestial Fury, Foresight, Gift of the Woods, Guerilla Tactics, Insidious Bookworms, Kjeldoran Pride, Phantasmal Fiend, Swamp Mosquito and Whip Vine all have two different card art, but are listed as one. All others 'duplicate card arts' in the set are listed correctly.

Mirage, 5th Edition, Tempest and Urza's Saga: each land has 4 different card arts. They're all listed as one.
Last edited by jAsOnX73 on Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.
jAsOnX73

Postby jAsOnX73 » Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:51 am

is there a chance to see a card patch in the following days with the aforementioned 'fixes'? ;))
jAsOnX73

Postby jAsOnX73 » Sat Aug 07, 2004 3:27 am

Sixth Edition: all lands have 4 different card arts. Strangely 'Forest' and 'Island' are listed correctly (4 of each) but 'Mountain', 'Plains' and 'Swamp' aren't.
jAsOnX73

Postby jAsOnX73 » Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:35 pm

Planeshift: Ertai, the Corrupted - Skyship Weatherlight and Tahngarth, Talruum Hero all have two different card arts, but are listed as one
jAsOnX73

Postby jAsOnX73 » Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:33 am

Portal:

All lands have 4 different card arts, but are listed as one
Anaconda, Elite Cat Warrior, Hand of Death, Raging Goblin and Warrior's Charge have two card arts (different text), but they are listed as one

Portal 2nd Age:

All lands have 3 different card arts, but are listed as one

Portal Three Kingdoms:

All lands have 3 different card arts, but are listed as one
jAsOnX73

Return to Deck Editing Suggestions (MTG Studio)