Multilanguage Card Arts

Suggest improvements and features you'd like to see in MTG Studio while creating and editing my deck...

Moderator: gaddlord

Postby jAsOnX73 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:40 am

I will need to extensively use the program to see exactly how it's working, but I guess we can go step by step, if you want to have each printed card to be represented by a db row.

Anyway, you made a mistake including the English Portal in the AA folder, since - and you can easily check - the Portal set already has (1) and (2) for some of the card to take account of that 'alternate art'.

I guess anyway the Alternate Art folder is a good place to put partial stuff in. When Portal will be scanned and release in Japanese I guess we will have to deal with a new and organized way to store them.

And still - if I'm not stressing you enough ;) - what about the Ice Age/Alliances reprints?

Also, when MTG studio 2.0 will be available, will I be able to configure it to check the card arts in whatever folder I like? I mean if you put all Ice Age/Alliances reprints into 'AA', will I be able to configure the program to read them from a custom folder? And I mean not all the cards in the 'AA' folder. I would leave Alternate Portal there and put just the Ice Age/Alliances reprints in a custom folder. Will the program work this way? Is there a way to achieve that much flexibility?

Keep me posted please, and if you can send me again the link for MTG studio 2.0 beta I will appreciate it, since I've lost it reformatting my computer.

j.
jAsOnX73

Postby gaddlord » Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:01 am

Anyway, you made a mistake including the English Portal in the AA folder, since - and you can easily check - the Portal set already has (1) and (2) for some of the card to take account of that 'alternate art'.

Correct. I have removed them from AA

When Portal will be scanned and release in Japanese I guess we will have to deal with a new and organized way to store them.

Those cards will become xxx [PT JP].full.jpg in AA edition.

Ice Age/Alliances reprints

I guess it is me, but I think that those cards are already present in the database in Ice Age and Alliances. Can you give me an example of an alternate art card from those editions which is not present in the current 1.3 version. I think I miss something

Also, when MTG studio 2.0 will be available, will I be able to configure it to check the card arts in whatever folder I like?

I plan that feature but it will be implemented in the far future (since it is not the most required one). Sorry

Keep me posted please, and if you can send me again the link for MTG studio 2.0 beta I will appreciate it, since I've lost it reformatting my computer.

I will send you and email with the new link.
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby jAsOnX73 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:52 am

gaddlord wrote:
When Portal will be scanned and release in Japanese I guess we will have to deal with a new and organized way to store them.

Those cards will become xxx [PT JP].full.jpg in AA edition.

That I understood but my concern was different: when 2 or 3 full sets will be available in other languages, the AA folder will be big and will become huge when - say - 10 full sets will be scanned and available in other languages.

Ice Age/Alliances reprints

I guess it is me, but I think that those cards are already present in the database in Ice Age and Alliances. Can you give me an example of an alternate art card from those editions which is not present in the current 1.3 version. I think I miss something

Ice Age Ashen Ghoul:

Coldsnap theme decks Ashen Ghoul:

This is the Coldnsap Theme Decks reprinted cards list http://magiccards.info/cstd/en.html

As you can see clicking on each card the Art is different because it feature the new 'card frame'. I sent you the links to all Coldsnap Theme Decks, haven't you checked them to see the difference? It's quite huge as a difference :)

Thanks for the link and keep up the good work

j.[/img]
jAsOnX73

Postby gaddlord » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:08 am

As you can see clicking on each card the Art is different because it feature the new 'card frame'.

I got it. My mistake :)

I will add the EN, GE, IT versions to the AA set.
Currently I will keep this type of organization. In the future when searching for card art will be done using templates this can be changed.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby jAsOnX73 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:27 am

gaddlord wrote:I will add the EN, GE, IT versions to the AA set.
Currently I will keep this type of organization. In the future when searching for card art will be done using templates this can be changed.

That's great, I really don't mind where the cards are stored, as long as the database is the most complete available :)
I will wait eagerly for the templates to come :)
The only thing I want to make sure is that you will identify every subset inside the AA 'set' with a unique ID, this way it will be easier to split them with the templates. (I know, I know, I'm such a pain ;))

j.
jAsOnX73

Postby gaddlord » Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:29 pm

I also consider moving the EURO, GURU, APAC lands to Alternate Art edition and Harper Prism (since Harper Prism is more like alternate art rather than promo cards).

Also Gotta cards are good candidate for AA.

I am also considering separating the electornig cards (from SEGA game, Shandalar and MTG Oline) to a new edition called Virtual Cards with sub-sets SEGA, Shandalar, MTGO.
Any suggestions or comments?
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby jAsOnX73 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:53 pm

gaddlord wrote:I also consider moving the EURO, GURU, APAC lands to Alternate Art edition and Harper Prism (since Harper Prism is more like alternate art rather than promo cards).

I disagree on EURO, GURU and APAC lands since they are, in the end, promo cards with their own symbol and edition at least. I have to check on Harper Prism.

I am also considering separating the electornig cards (from SEGA game, Shandalar and MTG Oline) to a new edition called Virtual Cards with sub-sets SEGA, Shandalar, MTGO.

You have my full support on this, since I always hated MTGO cards inside the promo folder :)

j.
jAsOnX73

Postby gaddlord » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:27 am

The APAC, GURU, EURO are listed below Alternate Art Land Promos not in Media Promos section at magiclibary.net. It really doesn't matter to me. Please check and tell me where they should belong.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Previous

Return to Deck Editing Suggestions (MTG Studio)