Brooding Sliver's latest idea!

Suggest improvements and features you'd like to see in MTG Studio while creating and editing my deck...

Moderator: gaddlord

Brooding Sliver's latest idea!

Postby Brooding Sliver » Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:07 am

Instead of using abbreviations within the program for expansion sets. I say why not use the expansion logos instead. I think it would be more user friendly, and add a bit of artistic flare. On the down side it would make the file size of the program slighty larger.
Brooding Sliver

Edition Glyphs

Postby gaddlord » Sun Jul 04, 2004 3:41 am

It could be done. Unfortunatelly I don't have all expansion logos in the same quality and size. Some of them I don't have at all (Example: Promo, Magic Player Rewards).

On the down side it would make the file size of the program slighty larger.

The problem wouldn't be the executable size but the time needed to repaint the images. Perhasps on slower machines a fickering can occur.
But this can be solved if the Expansion Symbols Visibility is available as option. You can switch it on or off depending on your hardware.

So...
Give me the expansion symbols in good quality and same sizes and you will have it! ;)

Meanwhile I will be searching them too.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

It seemed like a good idea

Postby Brooding Sliver » Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:05 am

I didnt mean to sound demanding just it sounded cool
but i have founda list of symbols if you were intrested

http://www.crystalkeep.com/magic/misc/symbols.html
Brooding Sliver

Here i found a better list of logos on

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:08 am

Yeah

Postby gaddlord » Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:39 am

I have already downloaded these but yet the list is not complete. The logos from Crystalkeep unfortunately are not equally sized. I need 15x15 pixels logos. The truth is that I dont have the time for image processing (converting file formats, cropping, resizing).

Look in the MTGS help for the list of Editions supported and please try to find a complete set ot logos. I can not implement this feature even if a single logo is missing (for axample Alpha, Beta, etc.).

If someone is willing to find these images out and process them in bitmap format (24bit color) with 15 x 15 pixels in size, please send them to support@palmroot.com with email subject "Expansion Symbols"

Thanks in advance
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

i my self am having the same trouble as you

Postby brroding sliver » Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:19 am

:( i see your having trouble--maybe this suggestion wasnt a practical one
brroding sliver

i found another list

Postby brooding sliver » Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:20 am

brooding sliver

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:27 am

As far as I am aware all core sets up to 5th edition had no logo. Certainly my 4th and 5th edition's do not have one on the card.

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:46 am

*Or*, you could instead just spell out the entire word. Instead of EX, it could be programmed to type out EX as Exodus or US as Urza's Saga. It would save time, too. ^_^
"Your attack has been rendered harmless, It is, however, quite pretty." --Saprazzan vizier
Apprentice

Edition Columns

Postby gaddlord » Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:23 am

Such feature is already available. :wink:

Use the Columns Manager (from View menu for version 0.5.3) or Field Chooser (right lick on the columns header) to show the full Edition Name column.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Expansion Symbols

Postby Antbert » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:42 pm

They could be harvested from Gatherer.

A quick look at the properties of some of the icons reveal that they are 21x21 pixels, apart from Timespiral which is 19x21 for some reason. (Others might not be 21x21, but I didn't see any.)

You can not search for Anthologies and Deckmasters in Gatherer, so those icons are not there. Alpha through Fifth have been given symbols.

They are jpegs, but can be saved as 256 colour bitmaps.
Antbert
Apprentice

Postby gaddlord » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:09 pm

Yes, you are right. Currently exactly those images are used in the Filter dialog where set details are displayed.
I am concened though that the row height of the card in the Card Pool table will change from 18 (currently) to 21 pixels in order to display the images property. If that is OK it would not be a problem to have the images displayed. :wink:
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Return to Deck Editing Suggestions (MTG Studio)