Combo linkup

Suggest improvements and features you'd like to see in MTG Studio while creating and editing my deck...

Moderator: gaddlord

Combo linkup

Postby dragonblacksmith » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:04 am

I'm sure something like this has already been mentioned, but I'm much too lazy to go weeding through posts to find it... :-)

Kind of off the wall, but handy... integrating a link from cards to a database where registered users can post "combos" for cards and link the other cards in the combo back to the program so you can view them and their texts.

Example:
I'm looking at Horseshoe Crab but don't really know a good way to use it.
I click on "combos" - and up pops an integrated feature or website whichever with a post from a different user that says "I like to use Hermetic Study or Arcane Teachings with Horseshoe crab"
Say I don't know what the hell Hermetic Study is so I click on it and it pops up in MTG studio; and I say "hey that's a great idea" and quickly add it to a deck cause pinging stuff for 1 dmg repeatedly is always fun.

CCG warehouse had a similar feature before they closed their online business *sniff*. Point is that it was nice to hear some of the ideas from other players. (Technically the site is still up but the search doesn't work any more cause they don't have any inventory)

This feature isn't practical for the short term obviously but something to maybe consider farther down the line perhaps.

Final Note - since this is my first post I want say that I am very intrigued by the potential for the program and what is planned for it! Looks great so far. So go get a tasty burger with the $10 I sent and get to some clickity clack on the keyboard, I can't wait for the next update. :D
dragonblacksmith
Apprentice

Postby gaddlord » Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:12 pm

I also like this feature. We have a database with 20'000 combos but unfortunately it will increase the MTG Studio installation too much. The idea of having the combos on out server and request them online is great. ;)

We will consider adding this feature in the future.
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Return to Deck Editing Suggestions (MTG Studio)