Baseball Card view

Suggest improvements and features you'd like to see in MTG Studio while creating and editing my deck...

Moderator: gaddlord

Baseball Card view

Postby Whitehorn » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:58 pm

It would be awesome to have a Card Sheet perspective, where you can go through your collection Editions at a time. For example, baseball card sheets. A year's worth of cards would be displayed from say 1-300 in baseball card sheets.

As a collector, I kinda miss this feature. I did it for X-Men cards back in the day and it was nice to kinda see where the cards fell in the collection.

This is a suggestion that is probably something to think about after we get all the good stuff up, like multiplayer functionality and the collection library.
Whitehorn
Mage
Mage

Postby gaddlord » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:38 am

Can you give me more information what this Card Sheet perspective looks like. Is it like the Collection feature in MTG Online?
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby Whitehorn » Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:29 pm

Similar, though I can't really tell you exactly what the MTG Online version looks like because I've never seen it fully decked out (I play the free version of MTG Online).

I'm new to MTG so bare with me.

Usually any collectible card game has a given number of cards in a set, or expansion. Look at baseball cards. Let's say the baseball card set for the year 2006 has 300 cards in total. Each card has a unique number, within the 300 total, signifying where in the set it belongs. Alexander Rodriguez is card #35, so in your baseball sheets, you place him in the 35th spot.

I'm assuming that Magic cards are organized in a similar fashion. In fact, I just looked at a card. Whipstiched Zombie from PY. Down in the fine print on the card, it says "81/143". So in my baseball sheets, I'd put Whipstiched zombie in the 81st position.

It's really just flavor and isn't that important. It would be classified as a "nice to have" feature.

:)
Whitehorn
Mage
Mage

Postby gaddlord » Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:13 pm

Perhaps something like this:

GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby Whitehorn » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:19 pm

oooh wow!!!! precisely!!!
Whitehorn
Mage
Mage

Return to Deck Editing Suggestions (MTG Studio)