Automatic images download

Suggest improvements and features you'd like to see in MTG Studio while creating and editing my deck...

Moderator: gaddlord

Automatic images download

Postby Malhavoc » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:22 am

If I'm right, you automatically download pics from gatherer. However, magiccards.info has MUCH better pics. Could you think it's reasonable to change the system in order to download from there?
Want to play NetRunner online? Or just knowing more about the game? Visit Runners' Net!
Malhavoc

Postby Rutger » Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:44 am

Heya,

Don't forget there is copyright issue's by just downloading images. I believe there is another topic about images and copyright.

Might no be as simple as just changing download sites...

Regards
Make software idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot
Rutger
Mage
Mage

Postby gaddlord » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:43 pm

I am aquainted with a way to donwload images from magiccards.info only two problems stopped me from implementing it
1. magiccards.info do not have "unlimited" bandwidth as WotC do. Currently MTG Studio has 34'000 users. Imagine what will happen to this site if even only 1% of them use the "Magic Cards Info Download" option. WotC manage to do that since they have many servers and good network load balancing
2. The images in magiccards.info are not accessed through their name but are named aftrer their collectors number which somehow is not always correct. If a mapping Edition+CardName=Magiccards.info card identifier is done, this feature will be easily added. To be honest this is a lot of manual work do enter every single magiccards.info card identifier. If someone is willing to do so, I can use this mapping. :wink:
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Return to Deck Editing Suggestions (MTG Studio)