Some suggestions

Suggest improvements and features you'd like to see in MTG Studio while creating and editing my deck...

Moderator: gaddlord

Some suggestions

Postby Gareth » Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:22 am

Hello, how are you?

Fantastic product. I like it very much. The interface is excellent. Performace is great. Best i have used of the half dozen I found and downloaded.

If these suggestions are already in place, can you let me know how to access them. Thanks :-)

Is there a way to filter the display one card of each name with the latest rules, rather then all the different releases of the same card?

Can i create a libray of my collection? I tried to create a deck called Libary, but the card limit is 4.

Is there a way to remove the card limit of 4 for my decks? I might want to make a silly deck with 40 lighting bolts for example.

I know the rules say no more then 4 of the same cards in the deck, but you can add 4 of each editions of the same card. That kind of defeats the purpose of enforcing the 4 card rule.

I find the card text preview on the left hand side a little hard to read. Could you put it in a grid, so the same information (type, cost, power etc) is visually in the same place each time regardless of text length. More colour coding in text might help?

Is it possible to display a generic card with the card details drawn on for those cards without card art. Rather than just the back of the card. I have seen this done elsewhere. But i imagine all that image creating, sizing and placement must be a nightmare!!

Fantastic work, keep it up :-)

Cheers,
Gareth
Gareth

Gareth - you are a good man

Postby gaddlord » Mon May 03, 2004 3:35 am

Great post - very helpfull

Fantastic product. I like it very much.

Thank you 8)

Is there a way to filter the display one card of each name with the latest rules, rather then all the different releases of the same card?

Since you are the second man to ask for that I will implement it in the next release.

Is there a way to remove the card limit of 4 for my decks? I might want to make a silly deck with 40 lighting bolts for example.

The max card limit will be configurable from Options form in the next version.

I know the rules say no more then 4 of the same cards in the deck, but you can add 4 of each editions of the same card. That kind of defeats the purpose of enforcing the 4 card rule.

I will make this optional in the Options form. "Allow same card from different edition" checkbox will be added.

I find the card text preview on the left hand side a little hard to read. Could you put it in a grid, so the same information (type, cost, power etc) is visually in the same place each time regardless of text length. More colour coding in text might help?

Hmm. I am not sure whether this is necessary. The information displayed in the "card text preview" - Rulings panel is ment to be in text mode. All the information is also visible in the Main card grid also Card Preview shows the card image and in the Rulings the same information is shown as text which is usefull for printing (right mouse click | Print Preview)

Is it possible to display a generic card with the card details drawn on for those cards without card art. Rather than just the back of the card. I have seen this done elsewhere. But i imagine all that image creating, sizing and placement must be a nightmare!

I'm already working on that. ;) Will be included when 100% finished
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Return to Deck Editing Suggestions (MTG Studio)