Guide to creating decks?

Suggest improvements and features you'd like to see in MTG Studio while creating and editing my deck...

Moderator: gaddlord

Guide to creating decks?

Postby s1ickwi11y » Thu May 12, 2011 10:26 pm

I've purchased today and already added a substantial amount of my collection. Awesome piece of software!

While I was able to add pieces of my collection rather easily, I haven't been able to figure out other features of the software. Is there a guide that is hiding somewhere telling me how to use the features promoted on your website?

I'm trying to find out where to access the internet decks (ranked, pro tour, etc) and cannot figure out how to gain access to them or how to use my collection to make them.

Thanks in advance!
s1ickwi11y
Apprentice
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 9:48 pm
Location: Vancouver, WA

Postby Azul » Fri May 13, 2011 2:59 am

There are a ton of decks in the MTG Studio folder in 'My Decks'
User avatar
Azul
Planeswalker
Planeswalker
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:35 pm
Location: Canada

Postby gaddlord » Fri May 13, 2011 3:31 pm

Welcome s1ickwi11y. You can find pre-constrcuted and popular decks at "My Decks" folder. More on where this folder is available at http://www.mtgstudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Directory_Structure.
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
User avatar
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team
 
Posts: 2931
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 12:01 pm
Location: Europe

Postby iurii » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:03 am

gaddlord wrote:Welcome s1ickwi11y. You can find pre-constrcuted and popular decks at "My Decks" folder. More on where this folder is available at http://www.mtgstudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Directory_Structure.


I'm a newb. I just downloaded V2.1. There are no pre-constructed decks in "My Decks" folder. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your assistance.
iurii
Apprentice
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:56 pm

Postby CptDobey » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:23 am

Do you take a look within the folder contained within "my decks" ?

(and we're talking about "my decks" within the MTGStudio directory)
User avatar
CptDobey
Registered User
Registered User
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:09 am

Postby iurii » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:16 pm

CptDobey wrote:Do you take a look within the folder contained within "my decks" ?

(and we're talking about "my decks" within the MTGStudio directory)


No folders or files in "My Decks." My Decks is an empty folder found at /user/appdata/roaming/PalmROOT/MTG Studio 2.1.0/My Decks
iurii
Apprentice
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:56 pm

Postby CptDobey » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:20 am

CptDobey wrote:(and we're talking about "my decks" within the MTGStudio directory)


I'm talking about the directory where the program Mtg Studio is!
User avatar
CptDobey
Registered User
Registered User
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:09 am

Postby iurii » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:50 am

CptDobey wrote:
CptDobey wrote:(and we're talking about "my decks" within the MTGStudio directory)


I'm talking about the directory where the program Mtg Studio is!


Thanks for your assistance. There are no folders in that directory (C:/Program Files (x86)/PalmRoot/MTG Studio 2.1) -- only 2 program files MTG Studio 2.0 AND MTG Studio 2,1. Absolutely nothing else -- no files, no folders.
iurii
Apprentice
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:56 pm

Postby CptDobey » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:43 am

Take the "Portable version". It is a simple zip file and contains what you're looking for. (I just checked it to be sure).

http://www.mtgstudio.com/Download.aspx

If you do not want to override your current install, just unzip the "The My decks" directory from the zip file.
User avatar
CptDobey
Registered User
Registered User
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:09 am

Postby iurii » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:15 pm

CptDobey wrote:Take the "Portable version". It is a simple zip file and contains what you're looking for. (I just checked it to be sure).

http://www.mtgstudio.com/Download.aspx

If you do not want to override your current install, just unzip the "The My decks" directory from the zip file.


YEA! Thank you! Downloaded the files and unzipped them. It works.
iurii
Apprentice
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:56 pm


Return to Deck Editing Suggestions (MTG Studio)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron