Legality not working correctly

Suggest improvements and features you'd like to see in MTG Studio while creating and editing my deck...

Moderator: gaddlord

Legality not working correctly

Postby ChiTownMagicGuy » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:44 pm

I created a deck with Accorder Paladins, Hero of Bladeholds and Leonin Skyhunder in them. They are all from the newest expansion Mirrodon Besieged.

According to the Wizards website:

The following card sets are permitted in Standard tournaments:

* Zendikar
* Worldwake
* Rise of the Eldrazi
* Magic 2011
* Scars of Mirrodin
* Mirrodin Besieged
* "Action" (effective May 13, 2011)

MTG Studio lists both of them as banned in all formats (SELF Red
ChiTownMagicGuy
Mage
Mage

Postby gaddlord » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:53 am

Are you using the latest stable 1.8.3 version.

I see it as Legal.

GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

bad 1.8.3 install

Postby ChiTownMagicGuy » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:03 am

Gad,

I was using a beta version because my install of 1.8.3 had failed. Sorry.
ChiTownMagicGuy
Mage
Mage

Postby gaddlord » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:59 am

Thank you for repoting back.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby CptDobey » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:29 am

Hi,

I created a deck which, I think is "vintage" legal. When I run the "validity check tools", everything is green, but the deck is judgeg illegal in all format.

If I display the "legal" column, the "V" column is green or yellow and every yellow are present only one time.

I had this issue with both 1.8.3 and 1.8.4.

Here is a copy/paste of the "validity report":
Checking Deck Legality for Vintage format:

Rule 1: Passed. Not more than 4 copies of Volcanic Island are allowed in deck. You have 1 copy of Volcanic Island.
Rule 2: Passed. Not more than 4 copies of Time Walk are allowed in deck. You have 1 copy of Time Walk.
Rule 3: Passed. Not more than 4 copies of Mana Drain are allowed in deck. You have 3 copies of Mana Drain.
Rule 4: Passed. Not more than 4 copies of Naturalize are allowed in deck. You have 1 copy of Naturalize.
Rule 5: Passed. Not more than 4 copies of Psionic Blast are allowed in deck. You have 2 copies of Psionic Blast.
Rule 6: Passed. Not more than 4 copies of Wooded Foothills are allowed in deck. You have 1 copy of Wooded Foothills.
Rule 7: Passed. Not more than 4 copies of Mox Emerald are allowed in deck. You have 1 copy of Mox Emerald.
Rule 8: Passed. Not more than 4 copies of Polluted Delta are allowed in deck. You have 1 copy of Polluted Delta.
Rule 9: Passed. Not more than 4 copies of Bloodstained Mire are allowed in deck. You have 1 copy of Bloodstained Mire.
Rule 10: Passed. Not more than 4 copies of Kaervek's Torch are allowed in deck. You have 1 copy of Kaervek's Torch.
Rule 11: Passed. Not more than 4 copies of Vindicate are allowed in deck. You have 1 copy of Vindicate.
Rule 12: Passed. Not more than 4 copies of Fireball are allowed in deck. You have 1 copy of Fireball.
Rule 13: Passed. Not more than 4 copies of Kird Ape are allowed in deck. You have 4 copies of Kird Ape.
Rule 14: Passed. Not more than 4 copies of Incinerate are allowed in deck. You have 2 copies of Incinerate.
Rule 15: Passed. Not more than 4 copies of Sol Ring are allowed in deck. You have 1 copy of Sol Ring.
Rule 16: Passed. Not more than 4 copies of Strip Mine are allowed in deck. You have 1 copy of Strip Mine.
Rule 17: Passed. Not more than 4 copies of Lobotomy are allowed in deck. You have 1 copy of Lobotomy.
Rule 18: Passed. Not more than 4 copies of Mox Jet are allowed in deck. You have 1 copy of Mox Jet.
Rule 19: Passed. Not more than 4 copies of Tropical Island are allowed in deck. You have 2 copies of Tropical Island.
Rule 20: Passed. Not more than 4 copies of Timetwister are allowed in deck. You have 1 copy of Timetwister.
Rule 21: Passed. Not more than 4 copies of Mox Sapphire are allowed in deck. You have 1 copy of Mox Sapphire.
Rule 22: Passed. Not more than 4 copies of Mox Ruby are allowed in deck. You have 1 copy of Mox Ruby.
Rule 23: Passed. Not more than 4 copies of Lightning Bolt are allowed in deck. You have 4 copies of Lightning Bolt.
Rule 24: Passed. Not more than 4 copies of Force of Will are allowed in deck. You have 1 copy of Force of Will.
Rule 25: Passed. Not more than 4 copies of Volcanic Island are allowed in deck. You have 2 copies of Volcanic Island.
Rule 26: Passed. Not more than 4 copies of Serendib Efreet are allowed in deck. You have 2 copies of Serendib Efreet.
Rule 27: Passed. Not more than 4 copies of Demonic Tutor are allowed in deck. You have 1 copy of Demonic Tutor.
Rule 28: Passed. Not more than 4 copies of Underground Sea are allowed in deck. You have 1 copy of Underground Sea.
Rule 29: Passed. Not more than 4 copies of Scrubland are allowed in deck. You have 1 copy of Scrubland.
Rule 30: Passed. Not more than 4 copies of Mox Pearl are allowed in deck. You have 1 copy of Mox Pearl.
Rule 31: Passed. Not more than 4 copies of Gorilla Shaman are allowed in deck. You have 1 copy of Gorilla Shaman.
Rule 32: Passed. Not more than 4 copies of Regrowth are allowed in deck. You have 1 copy of Regrowth.
Rule 33: Passed. Not more than 4 copies of Pincher Beetles are allowed in deck. You have 2 copies of Pincher Beetles.
Rule 34: Passed. Not more than 4 copies of Ancestral Recall are allowed in deck. You have 1 copy of Ancestral Recall.
Rule 35: Passed. Not more than 4 copies of Tolarian Academy are allowed in deck. You have 1 copy of Tolarian Academy.
Rule 36: Passed. Not more than 4 copies of Black Lotus are allowed in deck. You have 1 copy of Black Lotus.
Rule 37: Passed. Not more than 4 copies of Library of Alexandria are allowed in deck. You have 1 copy of Library of Alexandria.
Rule 38: Passed. Not more than 4 copies of Tundra are allowed in deck. You have 1 copy of Tundra.
Rule 39: Passed. Not more than 4 copies of Serendib Efreet are allowed in deck. You have 2 copies of Serendib Efreet.
Rule 40: Passed. Not more than 4 copies of Taiga are allowed in deck. You have 4 copies of Taiga.
Rule 41: Passed. Not more than 4 copies of Spellbreaker Behemoth are allowed in deck. You have 2 copies of Spellbreaker Behemoth.
Rule 42: Passed. Expected decks size is at least 60 cards. Your decks contains 60 cards.
Rule 43: Passed. You should have either no sideboard at all or a sideboard of exactly 15 cards. Your current sideboard contains 15 cards.

Legal Vintage Editions: 'All editions'

Card is restricted: Time Walk
Card is restricted: Mox Emerald
Card is restricted: Sol Ring
Card is restricted: Strip Mine
Card is restricted: Mox Jet
Card is restricted: Timetwister
Card is restricted: Mox Sapphire
Card is restricted: Mox Ruby
Card is restricted: Demonic Tutor
Card is restricted: Mox Pearl
Card is restricted: Regrowth
Card is restricted: Ancestral Recall
Card is restricted: Tolarian Academy
Card is restricted: Black Lotus
Card is restricted: Library of Alexandria

Current Deck is NOT LEGAL for Vintage

I hope this helps.

I can post the deck content if needed.
CptDobey

Postby gaddlord » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:40 am

Please post the deck content as well. This will ease my research.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby CptDobey » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:56 am

I posted the .deck file there:
http://www.fragyou.be/magic/
CptDobey

Postby gaddlord » Mon May 02, 2011 10:10 am

This was a bug. Fixed in the 1.8.5 release.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby CptDobey » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:29 am

I just found the system is (still ?) broken (again ?).

The deck above is now "Legal" in all format. The tools is displaying correctly the cards banned in each format, but the conclusion is always "Legal".
CptDobey

Postby gaddlord » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:23 am

I see. This is fixed in 2.2

If the card is restricted and its qty is not exceeding 1 then there should be a warning message but as a whole the deck to be LEGAL.
If the card is banned then the deck becomes ILLEGAL.

I will code against those rules.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Return to Deck Editing Suggestions (MTG Studio)