about the card art validator

Suggest improvements and features you'd like to see in MTG Studio while creating and editing my deck...

Moderator: gaddlord

about the card art validator

Postby jAsOnX73 » Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:52 pm

could be easier to use if sets could be 'opened' and 'closed' using + and - in a tree structure

also it should be great to list all files in different directories that don't match with list, just to know if there are file to remove or rename

j.
jAsOnX73

Postby jAsOnX73 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:47 am

also it should be useful that the card art validator remembers the last directory used, for those who don't use default path

miscellaneous improvements:

- a copy button close to the card names, so I can copy into clipboard name to paste on jpg when renaming

- a "close match" suggestion [i.e. if i have a card named swamp.jpg and the list says a swamp.full.jpg is missing, the validator should show the closest matching card next to the missing one, so i could chose to rename that automatically just pressing a button]
jAsOnX73

Postby gaddlord » Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:05 pm

could be easier to use if sets could be 'opened' and 'closed' using + and - in a tree structure

DONE :wink:
The next Card Art Validator will be organized not as a HTML report but rather as a grid with the following columns
1 - image - visual represantation whether the image is found
2 - card name
3 - text description (possible values: found, missing full image, missing cropped image, found full image, found cropped image, unnecessary file)
4 - copy button (copy the card name in the clipboard)
5 - Close Match - name of the file which closely matches the real card name
6 - rename button. Change the name of the "close match" file with the expected one.
7 - filename - shows the full filename
8 - preview button. Shows the image in the default image editor
9 - delete button. deletes the image file.
10 - image size (width and height) in pixels
11 - file size in KB

also it should be great to list all files in different directories that don't match with list

also it should be useful that the card art validator remembers the last directory used, for those who don't use default path

a copy button close to the card names, so I can copy into clipboard name to paste on jpg when renaming

a "close match" suggestion [i.e. if i have a card named swamp.jpg and the list says a swamp.full.jpg is missing, the validator should show the closest matching card next to the missing one, so i could chose to rename that automatically just pressing a button]

a "close match" suggestion [i.e. if i have a card named swamp.jpg and the list says a swamp.full.jpg is missing, the validator should show the closest matching card next to the missing one, so i could chose to rename that automatically just pressing a button]

I like that idea. I made some tests and it turned to be usefull.
If you the real name is "Swamp (1).full.jpeg" the program can find as a possible match "swamp.jpg". Again you mean a "Rename" button next to the card name. Added to TODO list.

Card Art Validator will have Ctrl+Shift+V key combination assigned.
Last edited by gaddlord on Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:39 am, edited 5 times in total.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

CAV - Card Art Validator

Postby gaddlord » Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:39 pm

I assume noone can complain about adding some more features to CAV(Card Art Validator)

? Grouping by edition, validity
? Sorting, ordering
? Expand All, Collapse All, Expand, Collapse
? Export to HTML, Excel, XML, Txt
? Copy selected rows to Clipboard, Copy all rows to clipboard
? Print, Print Preview, Page Setup, Designer
? Incremental Search for Card Name
? Locate in Card Grid (when a card is double clicked it is searched in the Card Grid and its Image, Rulings, etc. are shown in the main form)

? choose which editions to scan for
? Detect obsolete files (files which are not necessary or with wrong name)
? Detect obsolete directories (folders which are not necessary or with wrong name)
? Detect close match files. Files which sound alike the real card name.
Last edited by gaddlord on Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby jAsOnX73 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:58 pm

that's great.
it always amazes me how fast you fall in love with suggestions and implement them :)

keep up the great work
j.
jAsOnX73

Return to Deck Editing Suggestions (MTG Studio)