Unhinged ?

Suggest improvements and features you'd like to see in MTG Studio while creating and editing my deck...

Moderator: gaddlord

Unhinged ?

Postby PhrozenFear » Fri Dec 24, 2004 2:54 am

I'm not sure about the latest version (I think it's 0.5.4, which I have), however, I've seen some posts and comments saying that there's the ability to import the card art from the MTGPlay game (which I haven't found yet). There's also the fact that I have been unable to find any reference to the Unhinged set. Is that going to be included in either a patch or else the next version ? Because they are fun.... *enjoys playing his Farewell to Arms, Goblin S.W.A.T. Team and his Cardpecker*

Just a simple question.

Guest on the forums

Postby gaddlord » Sun Dec 26, 2004 6:07 pm

ability to import the card art from the MTGPlay game

Currently there is no support for MTG Play card art. We have the idea how to do it but IMHO it is not necessary. The current support for cards named with *.full.jpg syfix and the full support of MTG Interactive Encyclopedia is sufficient for me. What about you? Let me know.

Unfortunatelly 50% of our development time is devoted to 3-rd party programs support:

Magic Workstation,
Magic Suitcase,
MTG Play,

It takes a great deal of time to "decode" some of the binary formats they are using and always be upto date with their releases. I personally don't like most of their formats, naming conventions and technologies. Perhpas in the future where our own multiplayer is ready some of the 3-rd party support will vanish. I would like to stress that MTGS is the only deck editor which allows not only importing a deck in number of different formats but also exporting it in such. For the end user it seems as if he is opeening, editing, saving and closing mwDeck (Magic Workstation) deck but behind the curatins there are hundreds of source lines making this possible.

Another good news that the MTG Online deck support is almost 95% complete. Soon you will be able to edin MTGO decks in MTG Studio. Great, isn't it? :wink:

Also Apprentice binary deck parser is 50% complete. Still more research is needed. When it is done you will be able to open not only the Apprentice text DEC format but also the Apprentice binary DEC format.

MTGO text file format will also be supprted in the future releases.

There's also the fact that I have been unable to find any reference to the Unhinged set.

Unhinged is really fun. It is available in version 0.5.5 :wink:
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Thanks for that

Postby PhrozenFear » Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:32 am

Well, that explained a bit. I've been trying to find me a copy of that bloody MTGIE, but you cannot get it ANYWHERE (Especially since support of it ended Dec 2003). So yeah, that kinda sucks (especially since I have a bunch of MTGIE-type updates). Anyway, I'm sorry I didn't realize how deep into it you guys go. If I knew more about programming and what language you were working in, I'd offer to help, but since I'm only a n00b programmer learning (at the moment) console C#, I cannot help you much. Sorry.

The Guest who should make an account.

I cannot wait until 0.5.5 - Unhinged is amazing.

Return to Deck Editing Suggestions (MTG Studio)