Land in Sideboard?

Suggest improvements and features you'd like to see in MTG Studio while creating and editing my deck...

Moderator: gaddlord

Land in Sideboard?

Postby SunByrne » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:08 am

I'm new to MTG Studio and am returning to MTG itself after a long hiatus (about a decade!).

I don't understand why MTG Studio won't let me have a land card in the sideboard. (The land I want is a non-basic.)

I know having land in the sideboard used to be legal (people used to have Wastelands in their sideboards regularly; control decks in particular would side them in against Volrath's Stronghold) and I can find no mention of this in the October 1, 2009 MTG Comprehensive Rules.

As far as I can tell, sideboards are governed by rule 100.4, which says nothing at all about land not being allowed in the sideboard.

So, why does MTG Studio forbid lands in the sideboard? (This is version 1.7.0, by the way.) If I've missed it in the MTG Comprehensive Rules please point me to the right place.

Thanks!
-Mike
SunByrne
Apprentice

Postby gaddlord » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:53 pm

You are absolutely right. I am not sure why I put this restriction (perhaps it has just a test which made its way down to the Release version).

Will fixed it for version MTG Studio 1.7.1.
GET LATEST STABLE http://www.mtgstudio.com/download.aspx
Send feature requests and bugs to gaddlord@mtgstudio.com or vote online.
gaddlord
MTG Studio Team
MTG Studio Team

Postby SunByrne » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:09 am

Great, thanks much!!
SunByrne
Apprentice

Return to Deck Editing Suggestions (MTG Studio)